The following business proposal is suitable for:-
- Companies wanting to introduce a new product within their existing range.
- Companies wanting to diversify and branch into something completely new.
- Private individual(s) wanting to formulate a new business.
- Business investor(s).
- Co-operative business. Private individual(s), companies and business investor(s) wanting to invest in the business, via shares, and thus share the percentage of profits invested, a minimum share value of £500 is required (≡0.33%). Expressions of interest invited.
- Companies, business investor(s), private individual(s), wanting to purchase an innovative toy/game/puzzle design. Offers invited.
* Appropriate business grants maybe available, visit www.grantaid.com
#4 Innovative 2-D toy/game/puzzle design…
a product with substantial international potential.
The future of innovation has never been more important than in today’s global market place. It is the essential element by which companies and individuals maintain competitive edges.
An estimated investment of £150K – £225K, (50% contingency) is required for an innovative toy/game/puzzle that has several advantages over current market products, which has a unique and clever design solution.
This global innovative product offers a host of play and educational opportunities, including the development of cognitive and manipulative skills.
A patent attorney can usually advise if the product/business merits an application for:-
- A patent, in whole or in part.
- Design Right.
- Design Registration.
- Trade Mark.
(a) Patent attorneys usually do not charge for the initial 45 minutes.
(b) The product can be sold patent pending.
(c) Even if there are no patentable elements, this innovative product shouldn’t be abandoned, as this product has a lot of market appeal.
The product requires no trimming, gluing, screwing or painting of the components, by the end-user, and no extensive rules of game play.
2. Educational value.
- The ability to follow visual assembly instructions. No text, no need for translation into different languages.
- Develops their memory.
- Solving the puzzle(s) and game play, is educational.
- Develops manual dexterity.
- Challenge your friends, and/or family to solve the puzzle(s).
- Periodically publishing further puzzles and solutions online, via Adobe Acrobat Reader, adding value to the product.
5. Suitable for ages 6+.
6. Non-gender specific.
- Can be used as a travel toy.
8. Ornamental value.
This product is an object of beauty with its timeless and aesthetically pleasing design.
9. Health value.
- Scientists have proven that solving tangible puzzles are an excellent method of preventing dementia. There are over 850,000 people who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease in the UK.
- Sensory, tactile product, ideal for people who suffer with autism.
- Can also be enjoyed by blind people or people with sight impairment. In the UK there are almost 2 million people living with sight loss. ((source: Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)).
10. One game player only.
For the product to be commercially viable, it is advised that the product be manufactured, assembled, and packaged in the Republic of China (sourced at: http://www.cbbc.org ), then distributed worldwide, but ideally they must have specific expertise and a valuable network of contacts.
Made to ‘EU Standards’, as most of the components are manufactured via plastic injection moulding. Ensuring it is well-made and delivered on time.
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
66 different components, (all components manufactured using one moving platern and one fixed platern), 66 components in total. Each component has been designed for ease of mass production, accurate to 3 decimal places, and for the end-user to assemble one-way.
* 62 components made from one plastic injection moulding tooling.
- Finished assembled size: 185mm x 185mm x 37.5mm approx.
- 1 box, with fold-down hook design.
- 2-3 puzzle books.
- Two different types of boxes; ‘Retail box’, and ‘Mail Order box’, no frills.
- All the plastic components have been designed to a high standard.
Only the type of; surface texture, surface effect, plastic, colours and/or metallic colours, and tolerances to be determined. There is also the possibility of, ‘Limited Editions’, e.g. colours, and/or metallic colours.
Plastic injection moulding tooling made from P20 aluminium can produce 500K components only, and tooling made from H13 steel can produce 1m components only.
Therefore the initial goal would be to have 500K units manufactured and then sell them, aiming to make an average profit of £3.60/unit, gauging if the product has a large market appeal, reducing the financial risk.
Toy manufacturing regulations are stringent, and each component has been designed to assure that it will achieve the ‘CE’ kite mark.
With an estimated RRP of £13.50 – £16.50, representing value for money, and having a large market appeal.
In comparison, there are other products on the market that have more complex components to manufacture, and are labour intensive to assemble and package at a lower retail price.
1. Annual global toy fairs.
Australia, Brazil, Canada, Dubai, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Shanghai, UK, USA (New York), and USA (California).
2. Worldwide toy distributors.
UK’s no.1 toy distributor, Vivid Imaginations Ltd.
Amazon.co.uk, Argos (684 stores, under 2 indexes), Asda, Debenhams, Forbidden Planet International, Forbidden Planet, Gadget Shop, Hamleys, Harrods, Heroes For Kids, John Lewis Partnership, Lamb Toys, Littlewoods Direct, Mail Order Express, Morrisons, Petite Souris, Daniel Stores, Sainsbury’s Shop Direct, Smyths Toys Superstores UK, Smyths Toys Superstores IE, Tesco, The Entertainer, Toymaster, Toyopia.co.uk, Toys and Hobbies, Toys 4 You, Toys ‘N’ Fun, Toys ‘R’ Us, Stevens Toymaster, WH Smiths, Wilkinson (368 stores), KiddiMax.co.uk.
3. TV shopping channels.
4. Amazon, (Distribution centres, USA, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, China). Amazon.co.uk/Game Stack.
5. eBay and registered eBay business sellers across the world, (using Facebook or YouTube, to further advertise the product).
Australia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, and South Korea.
Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and UK.
Including, America, and Canada.
6. Chinese wholesaler, Yiwu Toys Market, world’s largest toy wholesaler.
7. Wal-Mart, over 8500 stores worldwide.
19. www.springfair.com , NEC Birmingham (February).
Expanding availability in 50 countries:- Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dubai, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and USA.
Hasbro’s toy distributing countries
Argentina, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovene, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Australia, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore.
Option to use LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, #(product name) and webpage to enable the purchaser to consider the product, via a short animation film, about 1-2 minutes, which can also be used to further advertise the product. Informing their family, friends, and/or work colleagues to view the short animation film, earning $2.5 – $5 per 1000 views.
Utilising the (app) ‘QR’ reader (Smartphones) to further advertise the product and explain in detail the full potential of the product (see below). Ideal for catalogues, magazines, and packaging, etc.
A short animation film, via YouTube, combining, graphic stills, photo stills, this will explain:-
1. ‘How’ to assemble it.
2. ‘How’ to disassemble it.
3. ‘Where’ to buy, which will need updating.
4. Encourage them to inform others.
Initially marketing the product via Amazon and/or Amazon distributors in 8 countries, and eBay in 40+ countries. Amazon expects to open further distribution centres in, Poland, Netherlands, Sweden, Russia, Mexico, and India.
This should make the business more commercially viable, and be able to commence marketing the product at any time of year. It is anticipated a 10%-15% more profit, as an alternative to retail high street shops, as retailers profit margins are 50%-55% of the retail price, which will also contribute to recouping the initial finance quicker, ease cash-flow, and start to make a profit, especially if the product is sought after.
Amazon is the world’s largest online retail distributor with over 100 million subscribers.
eBay operates in more than 40 countries and has more than 200 million members.
“The internet is perhaps the most active commercial arena in today’s business world.”
Since the 1980s the ‘Rubik’s Cube’ has sold more than 350 million units, (source: internet search).
According to research conducted by Ibis World the toy and games market in the UK is currently estimated to have an annual value of £1 billion per annum.
The annual sales of toys and games have increased by 7%, (source: Euromonitor).
Total website sales in the UK are worth over £164 billion/annum. (source: www.greatbusiness.gov.uk )
There are several theories regarding how to publicize this product, when it reaches the market, including TV appeal, and is more likely to achieve publicity, as the product is innovative.
If this product is entered into this annual event prior to February, held in Germany, this innovative toy will win an award. This will help to increase publicity and encourage top retailers to stock this product in their stores, boosting sales.
With its unique design, similar products will not be launched, and it is envisaged that this product will become a worldwide market leader, and become a ‘must-have’ toy, for the foreseeable future, which will appeal to all ages and genders across the world.
There is no requirement in relation to this business proposal for a dedicated business premises from which to operate.
Market Research & Competitor Analysis
My extensive market research has shown that there is no toy of a comparative nature available anywhere in the world at this time. Consequently the Unique Selling Point (USP) is that the product is a totally unique one-off design that is not available anywhere else.
1. To start the business as an investment, and sell as soon as possible.
2. Because there is no requirement in relation to this business proposal to operate from the UK. It is possible to register the business in a country, where their tax obligations are more favourable.
“Ready for ‘rapid prototyping’ and mass production”
“Designed in Wales, Great Britain”
Should you have any queries, or if you can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the e-mail address below.
Terms and Conditions
1st. Heads of agreement.
2nd. Full legal agreement.
A potentially great business in a positive environment:-
- The ‘buzz’ of making a sale(s).
- The ‘challenge’ of building a business.
- Dealing with customers.
- Out and about, travel.
- Promoting and organising toy fairs.
- Hours to suit – self-employed role which can fit around domestic and pleasure activities.
- Scope to progress.
- Great fun – if you’re up for it!
Therefore if you are seeking a change of direction, or want a new challenge, then this is for you.
7 Caer Castell Place
Further business opportunities
Please visit the following links for summaries and images of innovative products.
- Innovative food and/or drink products…
- #1 Innovative toy/game/puzzle design, and logo design…
- #2 An innovative toy/game/puzzle, but it’s not just a toy…
Also suitable for, corporate gift, merchandising gift, or brand placement product.
- #3 Innovative 3-D toy/game/puzzle design…
Also suitable for, corporate gift, merchandising gift, or brand placement product.
- Heads of agreement
Other commercial innovative products includes:-
- Art, craft, and hobby product(s).
- #1 – #20 Residential/Commercial/Public building, plumbing products.
- Vehicle security product #1 & #2.
- #5 & #6 innovative 3-D toy/game/puzzle designs.
- #1 – #7 DIY/Trade building, hand tools.
- Residential/Commercial product.
- Household product, with some commercial market value.
There are no summaries, images, or presentations for the above list.
This information is meant as a starting point only. Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made, there are no warranties that the information is accurate and up-to-date and will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the information, nor any consequences of any errors or omissions. Professional advice should be sought where appropriate.
“Please share https://toygamepuzzle4.wordpress.com with your Facebook friends.”
© 2013 – 2016